FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find the Answers Here
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions we’ve received from our customers. If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, please reach out and we will get back to you shortly.
Do you make any vegan items?
Unfortunatetly at the moment we dont offer vegant options.
How do I keep my purchases fresh?
If you have Cake that is left over we sugest you save it in an airtight container to keep freshness of the cake and prevent it to dry out. You can also freeze it and bring to the refrigerator at least 6 hours before consuming. If you have any Pastries left over you can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day.
Do you offer Glutter free items?
Unfortunatetly at this time we dont offer glutten free items.
How soon do I need to place my order?
Most of the time I book about 3-5 weeks in advance but I will make exceptions if need it and if I am available.
Can I order Cakes per slice or single cookies?
No, I only take orders of cookies by the Dozen, minis are a minimum of 2 Dozen. The smallest cake that we offer is a 2 layer 6 inch cake that feeds 8 people for $50. That you can purchase in our Online Bakery.
Do I have to Pay in Full?
No, I require 50% retainer and the rest can be paid in payments as long as your order is paid in full 2 weeks before your due date. If the order is not paid in full, I hold the right to cancel your order for no payment. Also I require a contract to be signed and returned.
Are you open to the public?
We are open to the public for e-commerce (online) orders only.
What area do you service?
We service Houston Tx and surrounding areas (Spring, Tx, Humble, Tx, The Woodlands, TX , Cypress, Tx, Jersey Village, TX, Conroe, TX, Kingwood, TX)
What are your hours of operation?
We are open Tuesday- Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm(DELIVERY and PICK Up ONLY)
We are closed Sundays-Mondays.
What is the smallest cake that your offer?
The smallest cake that we offer is a 2 layer 4 inch cake that feeds 6 people for $40. This cake can be ordered in our shop with a 24 hour notice.
How far in advance should I order?
· Signature Cakes and cupcakes can be ordered up 48-72 hours in advance via our online store
· All custom cakes, treats and dessert tables must be ordered at minimum two weeks in advance.
*Disclaimer: Occasionally, there will be availability for last minute orders so please do contact us.
Last minute orders are subject to a rush fee of $50.00.
How do I reserve a date?
· To reserve a date with us, please email us at email@example.com Be sure to include the following information:
· The treat you are inquiring about
Date of the Event
We will respond to you within 24-72 hours via email
All orders that are over $100 require a non-refundable 50% retainer at the time of order placement. A retainer officially reserves us for your event date. All orders under $100 must be paid in full at the time of order placement.
You can fill out the form on our contact us page and we will be in contact with you within 48-72 hours.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
· Orders can be cancelled for a credit towards another order (amount minus the retainer) up to 2 weeks before the order is due.
*Disclaimer: This does NOT include last minute orders. Last minute orders are non refundable..
Is pick up available?
· Pick up is available for most items in our pick up location within 24 hours. Please note your pick up date AND time. Order will go through an acceptance process. Once the order is accepted, it will be available for pick up within 24-48 hours. Please provide any additional information needed as well as the best contact number.
Do you offer Cake Tasting?
· Mobile Cake Tasting is available upon request. Please visit our contact us page to schedule a cake tasting.
Do you provide liquor bottles for infused cakes?
· By law, we are prohibited from buying and reselling alcohol. Therefore, we do not provide liquor bottle for infused cakes. We create a space on the cake for the client to insert the bottle(s) once it is in their possession. The client must also sign a waiver upon receipt of the bottle-less cake. We do Bake infused cakes if requested, but we do not provide bottles as decor on them.
Do you offer delivery services?
· Delivery and set up is an additional charge. The fee starts at $20 depending on the distance and/or set up.
· We are not responsible for any damages after delivery and/or set up. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and sturdy table for your cake. Cakes are heavy and need a secure table. They also need to be stored in a 75 degree temperature or below room.
· If you elect to have your cake picked up by yourself or a representative, you assume all liability and responsibility for your cake once it leaves Shanise's Cakes possession. You or your representative will have to sign a Delivery Waiver.
Where can I leave a comment or client feedback?
· You can leave a comment or client feedback by clicking the client feedback button to the far left of the page or feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also leave a review on our Facebook , Yelp , Google Page
Shanise Cakes Bakery Studio operates under the Texas Cottage Food Law. This Food is made in a home kitchen and is not inspected by the department of State Health Services or local Health department. Shanise Cakes Bakery Studio holds a Food handle Certificate required for operations as well as a Food Handle Management Certificate and a Pastry Chef Certification.
Our Cookies, Cakes and Sweets may Contain the following allergens- EGGS, DAIRY, WHEAT AND NUTS.
Each Custom Cookie is sealed for freshness. If you require a different way of bagging please contact me and we can make arrangements.
*Every order is unique and requires a different amount of detail. Price quotes are given in case by case basis.
*We require a 50% retainer to ensure your date is secured on my calendar. We will send you an invoice when you book your order and the invoice must be paid in full within 24 hours of receiving it(unless we have come in to a different agreement). Order total needs to be paid in full two weeks prior to making of your order. Orders will NOT be started or confirmed without payment in full. We accept Major Credit & Debit Cards, Paypal and also Bank to bank transfer using Zelle@.
*Custom orders need to be booked at least 2-4 weeks in advance. If you need them sooner please email me or chat on this page to contact me and discuss if I am able to make it for you.
*Order pick-up. Orders can be picked up near my home address near Houston TX 77090 or delivery is available with a fee that can be included in you invoice.
*Cancellation/Refund Policy for all orders:
50% retainer is not refundable but you can transfer it to a different day or order as long as I receive a notice 14 days in advance, After the 14 days your 50% retainer is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Shanise Cakes Bakery Studio reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order at any time for any reason.